Itinerary Malta road trip
5 days in Malta: pearl of Mediterranean
Why visit Malta?
If you are wondering what are the reasons to visit Malta by car, read my itinerary about what I think are the main stops of the tour "Malta road trip".
A tour of Malta by car will allow you to admire the pearl of the Mediterranean, an archipelago with its strong Arab imprint evident in the architecture and style of the buildings in a context of a former British colony.
March to November is the best time to visit Malta.
Malta road trip in 5 days
- La Valletta
La Valletta is the capital of Malta and is a gem! Strategically located on a small peninsula insidea bay.
- La Valletta
3 cities (Cospicua, Senglosa e Vittoriosa)
Read my article: "Vittoriosa, Senglea and Cospicua: three cities of Malta"
- La Valletta - St Peter’s Pool (15 Km/9,3 mi)
St Peter's Pool is an ideal natural swimming pool for relaxing and swimming
- St Peter’s Pool - Marsaxlokk (3,5 Km/2,2 mi)
Marsaxlokk is a fishing town famous for its characteristic colored boats
- Marsaxlokk - Dingli Cliffs (17,5 Km/10,8 mi)
The Dingli cliffs overlooking the Mediterranean Sea
- Dingli Cliffs - Medina (5,4 Km/3,3 mi)
Medina is a very important fortified town from a cultural point of view
- Medina - Ghajn Tuffieha (8,7 Km/5,4 mi)
Ghajn Tuffieha is one of the most beautiful and wildest beaches in Malta
- Ghajn Tuffieha - Popeye village (4,1 Km/2,5 mi)
Popeye village is a nice village born as a film set for the Popeye movie
- Popeye village - Paradise bay beach (2,2 Km/1,3 mi)
Paradise bay is a beach located inside a bay
- Day dedicated to the visit of Gozo and Comino with one of the day tours that start from Bugibba
- Bugibba - La Valletta (16,8 Km/12,4 mi)
Suggest other interesting stops within this itinerary by commenting the article.
What to do in Malta:
- Take a bath in the magnificent Blue Lagoon in Comino (book your ticket)
- Eat the Maltese rabbit
- Visit La Valletta
Articles that may interest you:
Itinerary Andalusia road trip
Petra: the lost city
Vittoriosa, Senglea and Cospicua:
three cities of Malta