Itinerary Gargano road trip
5 days in Gargano: the spur of Italy
Why visit Gargano?
If you are wondering what are the reasons to visit Gargano by car, read my itinerary about what I think are the main stops of the tour "Gargano road trip".
A tour of Gargano by car will allow you to admire the hidden beauties in the "spur of Italy" where authentic villages, crystal clear sea and lush mountains come together in this corner of Puglia.
March to November is the best time to visit Gargano.
Gargano road trip in 5 days
- Termoli - Tremiti islands
The Tremiti Islands are the only Italian archipelago in the Adriatic
Termoli with its cathedral close to the sea is one of the most beautiful villages in Italy
- Termoli - Lake Varano (78 Km/48 mi)
Lake Varano is the largest Italian coastal basin and is located within a state nature reserve
- Lake Varano - Rodi Garganico (15,5 Km/9,6 mi)
Rodi Garganico is a pretty village located on a spur overlooking the sea
- Rodi Garganico - Vico del Gargano (10,3 Km/6,4 mi)
Vico del Gargano is the village of lovers whose patron saint is Saint Valentine
- Vico del Gargano - Peschici (11,7 Km/7,3 mi)
Peschici is probably the most popular place in Gargano with its position overlooking the sea and some of the most beautiful beaches on the peninsula
- Peschici - Vieste (21,7 Km/13,5 mi)
Vieste with its long equipped beaches and crystal clear sea is a very popular destination for vacationers
- Vieste - Umbra Forest (21,8 Km/13,5 mi)
The Umbra Forest, in the heart of Gargano, is a protected natural area and a UNESCO heritage site
- Umbra Forest - Monte Sant'Angelo (35,4 Km/22 mi)
Monte Sant'Angelo is a characteristic village famous for the sanctuary of San Michele
- Monte Sant'Angelo - San Giovanni Rotondo (25,4 Km/15,8 mi)
San Giovanni Rotondo is the birthplace of Padre Pio and therefore a destination for spiritual pilgrimages
- San Giovanni Rotondo - Termoli (90 Km/56 mi)
Suggest other interesting stops within this itinerary by commenting the article.
What to do in Gargano:
- Rent a boat to explore the hidden coves of Gargano
- Eat good freshly caught fish
- Cool off in the shade of the centuries-old Umbra Forest in search of fallow deer
Itinerary Basilicata road trip
Itinerary Molise road trip
Coast of Trabocchi:
the suggestive Abruzzo coast